Nikon D850 - 16 Xmas Lights scenes that you may NOT have captured
The goal was to capture interesting Xmas lights scenes from uncommon viewpoints in the fastest possible manner during my photowalks along Orchard Road.
1. No tripod used - doing this allows me so much more flexibility in capturing moments and using different POVs
- the excellent dynamic range and high ISO performance of the D850 gives me this flexibility
2. Shooting JPEG FINE * with the my customised PICTURE CONTROL settings produces the color impact in camera saving me post processing time
- I still believe the D850's JPEG engine coupled with new BSI (Backside Illuminated) sensor gives me the best quality JPEG files to date (compared to all my other Nikons in my stable)
3. D850's standard 7FPS and Bracketing options allows me to bracket most efficiently with minimal (or zero) mis-alignment between frames. This technique is only used when I feel that a single JPEG FINE * capture may not provide me with the dynamic range that I require. > than 70% of the time , the single JPEG FINE * capture had enough dynamic range ........
TIP : I tend to shoot with a slight -0.3 to -0.7 stops underexposure to protect the highlights.
ENJOY the series - Hopefully you may NOT have photographed these scenes yet.
Here's to wishing you and your loved ones "A very Joyous Christmas & a great Holiday season"
Till the next blog...............